Trying times ahead for fixed line providers if we see mobile infrastructure keep going at the current rate!
Thursday, 30 October 2014
Thursday, 9 October 2014
Saturday, 4 October 2014
"EGX has experienced amazing growth during our four years at Earl's Court," Gamer Network head honcho Rupert Loman explained.
"While we are sad to leave, we see the move to the NEC not only as a real opportunity to continue its success, but also to evolve and improve the experience we offer both attendees and exhibitors."
More details on EGX 2015 will be announced in due course.
I think it would be better implemented in bus stops with a larger top surface area and where people would generally be waiting around.
Friday, 3 October 2014
Wednesday, 1 October 2014
Time for another FreeNAS release! This one fixes a number of issues in 188.8.131.52 as well as addressing the “shellshock” security vulnerability in bash (to which FreeNAS is not generally vulnerable as bash is not the system shell, but it was still worth fixing).
- Fix bug where use of NONE cipher in replication erroneously reported an error on a successful replication.
- Don’t enable lz4 compression on replication by default if upgrading from a pre-184.108.40.206 release.
- Multiple kernel iSCSI / CTL improvements. This includes VMWare VAAI and Microsoft ODX acceleration support, improved performance and fixes for number of bugs. Kernel iSCSI can be activated by checking the experimental target checkbox under services -> iSCSI.
- Improve performance of viewing snapshots when replication tasks are set up.
- Allow binding CIFS to specific IPs.
- Fix LDAP bind URL when using TLS.
- Validate AD advanced settings. If the GC or DC are manually specified make sure they are reachable.
- Set UNIX permissions when the Mac permissions radio button is selected. Netatalk does not play nicely with ACLs.
- Fix a bug in the mail sending routines used by FreeNAS. With some mailserver configurations the To: address could’ve been set to root instead of the address specified in the root user.
- Fix a bug that prevented the system from showing the replicated status of a snapshot if the remote path differed from the local path.
- “Shellshock” security vulnerability in bash (which is not the system shell FreeNAS or FreeBSD) proactively closed.